Teacher Camps for Legendary Users
We facilitate online teacher camps on edtech and gamification topics, managed by our Guild Officers, expert teacher leaders from around the globe! Each camp starts at the first of the month, lasts three weeks, includes a minimum of 10 quests, start and work at your own pace. Attend optional synchronous events, check the Guild Calendar.
- Learn with teachers in over 15 countries on our guild site
- Clone all quests from teacher camps to use with your students or other teachers!
- Earn and publish your OBI badges, showing certified evidence of your learning
- Optional professional development credit is available through Boise State University
- Quests tied to ISTE NETs Standards
- Fully web-based, play anytime, works great on mobiles
- Includes a teacher account and 175 students accounts in Rezzly.
Legendary Users Only - Facilitated Camps
December – Minecraft for Teachers!
Main Audience: All Teachers
Lucas Gillispie has been an educator for over 15 years, working as a high school science teacher for ten years before transitioning to district-level work as an instructional technologist. He is currently the Director of Academic and Digital Learning for Surry County Schools in western North Carolina and an avid gamer.
Minecraft for Teachers
Winter break approaches and it’s time to dive into the world of Minecraft. Grab your pickaxe and join us for this two week teacher camp! Quests will introduce you to the incredible, open, sandbox world of Minecraft. While learning the basics of the game and its history, you’ll have a chance to see how other schools are using it while making connections to your own classroom.
During our live field trips in Minecraft, you’ll tour real student-designed projects and have a chance to create your own while enjoying open Q & A with Lucas Gillispie, creator of the reknown Minecraft in School program.
Dates: December 19th – January 2nd – WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE ON QUESTS!!
Live Events & Facilitation throughout the two week camp, see Event Calendar.
Legendary Users Only
Teacher Workshop Library Legendary account holders also have full access to clone our library of over 15 teacher workshops to re-use for professional development with other teachers in your school.
Teacher Camps for ALL Users
The Academy: Gamification Bootcamp
Included in all Educator & Legendary Accounts
Ongoing every month! Welcome to our basic “bootcamp,” where you are introduced to Rezzly and learn the basics of gamification. Here’s where you start your journey to “unlock” your teacher permissions and dashboard inside Rezzly, and create quests. Once several basic quests are complete and you’ve earned your Rezzly Teacher badge, you’ll have the opportunity to go on and earn your Expert Designer badge by engaging with advanced quest design strategies to create exciting quest-based learning for your students.
QuestBoise: Our Annual Virtual Unconference
Every year in July, we offer a FREE two day QuestBoise Virtual Unconference on quest-based learning. Watch previous year recordings of over 15 experts discuss aspects of gamification in the classroom, including quest and reward system design, creating storylines, the Open Badges Initiative, and more.
Past Camper Feedback
- The future of education is now.
- I can’t stop questing, I’m addicted!
- …with [Rezzly], students are free to try and try again until they get it right. Bad grades have mutated into something engaging. Like the reformed Grinch, we have grown into something better.
- I don’t want to go back, ever…I love, love, love what I am seeing in class after the first week of questing…Thanks, [Rezzly]. You’ve taken what looked to be a difficult quarter and turned into the best first week I’ve ever experienced. This is not an exaggeration.
- So many possibilities…I know I need to take it one step at a time and narrow my focus, but I am excited, intrigued, a little overwhelmed. It’s pretty awesome.
- I’m hooked. I have completely, hook, line and sinker, bought into the idea that the future of education is not going to look like the traditional classroom for much longer.
- The gaming camp can’t be over…my brain is hungry for the whole experience…So can we sign up to attend another class? Can we, can we, PLEASE?