Teacher Camps for Legendary Users
We facilitate online teacher camps on edtech and gamification topics, managed by our Guild Officers, expert teacher leaders from around the globe! Each camp starts at the first of the month, lasts three weeks, includes a minimum of 10 quests, start and work at your own pace. Attend optional synchronous events, check the Guild Calendar.
- Learn with teachers in over 15 countries on our guild site
- Clone all quests from teacher camps to use with your students or other teachers!
- Earn and publish your OBI badges, showing certified evidence of your learning
- Optional professional development credit is available through Boise State University
- Quests tied to ISTE NETs Standards
- Fully web-based, play anytime, works great on mobiles
- Includes a teacher account and 175 students accounts in Rezzly.
Legendary Users Only - Facilitated Camps
March Teacher Camp
Play This, Learn That (Lvl 1)
Dr. Chris Haskell
Main Audience: All Teachers
Dr. Haskell serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Educational Technology at Boise State University. Chris is actively piloting and developing groundbreaking alternative approaches to delivering and tracking learning and focuses on the use, adaptation, and implementation of emerging technologies in teacher education including gaming, mobile communication devices, portable media players, social networking tools, and virtual worlds.
Play This, Learn That (Lvl 1)
Clever teachers are always looking for the best tools to connect students to their curriculum. It’s what they do. What about commercial video games? Play This, Learn That introduces you to those amazing educators and their games they use and shows how to make it fit. Teacher Camp participants also receive a complimentary enhanced e-book with audio of the author reading each page for Play This, Learn That. Chris mentioned in this book: “changing the rules of the game will change the outcome.”
Dates: March 7th -28th 2016 – WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE ON QUESTS!!
Live Events & Facilitation throughout the three week camp, see Event Calendar.
Legendary Users Only
Teacher Workshop Library Legendary account holders also have full access to clone our library of over 15 teacher workshops to re-use for professional development with other teachers in your school.
Teacher Camps for ALL Users
The Academy: Gamification Bootcamp
Included in all Educator & Legendary Accounts
Ongoing every month! Welcome to our basic “bootcamp,” where you are introduced to Rezzly and learn the basics of gamification. Here’s where you start your journey to “unlock” your teacher permissions and dashboard inside Rezzly, and create quests. Once several basic quests are complete and you’ve earned your Rezzly Teacher badge, you’ll have the opportunity to go on and earn your Expert Designer badge by engaging with advanced quest design strategies to create exciting quest-based learning for your students.
QuestBoise: Our Annual Virtual Unconference
Every year in July, we offer a FREE two day QuestBoise Virtual Unconference on quest-based learning. Watch previous year recordings of over 15 experts discuss aspects of gamification in the classroom, including quest and reward system design, creating storylines, the Open Badges Initiative, and more.
Past Camper Feedback
- The future of education is now.
- I can’t stop questing, I’m addicted!
- …with [Rezzly], students are free to try and try again until they get it right. Bad grades have mutated into something engaging. Like the reformed Grinch, we have grown into something better.
- I don’t want to go back, ever…I love, love, love what I am seeing in class after the first week of questing…Thanks, [Rezzly]. You’ve taken what looked to be a difficult quarter and turned into the best first week I’ve ever experienced. This is not an exaggeration.
- So many possibilities…I know I need to take it one step at a time and narrow my focus, but I am excited, intrigued, a little overwhelmed. It’s pretty awesome.
- I’m hooked. I have completely, hook, line and sinker, bought into the idea that the future of education is not going to look like the traditional classroom for much longer.
- The gaming camp can’t be over…my brain is hungry for the whole experience…So can we sign up to attend another class? Can we, can we, PLEASE?